Saturday, September 25, 2010

All I Can Do Is All I Can Do & All I Can Do Is Enough

September 25. Happy Saturday to all the little people in this big world of possibilities. I had a pretty good day, starting with hanging out with my parents for a while then going to play some poker after that. The poker game didn't take long so I got some treats for my parents & called my cousin to pick me up. We spent some time together hanging out & I even got to talk to my sponsor again at length for the 2nd day in a row. He is always there to talk, but sometimes I am brief or don't call every night. It's my responsiblity to reach out, he does a great job at being patient with me & I am so grateful that he agreed to sponsor me over a year ago. My parents came to pick me up & brought my tables for the market tomorrow where I sell jewelry at, so I loaded them into my cousin's van & got a ride back home with them. It was nice to not be stressing or working on a saturday, but I don't want to get comfortable with that because I really do love seeing other people at my business that are out enjoying their day. For the next few weeks I am pretty sure I will only be at two days of markets & I am looking for opportunities to do more. In all the conversations with all the people I spoke to today, there was one in specific that lingered in my mind. I won't get into the specifics really, but the general topic I am drawing from it is a good one for me to remember.

"All You Can Do Is All You Can Do & All You Can Do Is Enough". That was my words of advice to someone, they were passed down to me by someone in much the same fashion only I was the one stressing back then over situations & other people involved in them. When we really think deeply about this statement, if we live up to it we have nothing to feel bad about or be sorry for at the end of each day. What it means to me, even in Sobriety today, is that if I apply myself fully & give something my best along with a moral backing of my beliefs, then I should not feel bad about the way anything turns out. I won't have to feel I let anyone down if I fell short, no second guessing myself about it, and I can rest without my conscience bothering me. Even when other's do something wrong to me, inentionally or not, I can check myself by asking if I have done All I Can Do to help them make it right. A good example would be if someone borrows my keys & does not return them, they live 20 miles away & neither one of us have a car, lets assume I need those keys to get into my mailbox & can't get in to get my check & cash it to pay bills. Can I really be bitter about the situation if I have not used my resources to try & get my keys back. If I used a ride to go to the movies instead of going to get my keys, can I really be mad at that person who cannot get to me? All I Can Do sometimes is more than just sitting idly by & waiting for something to be fixed. There are other ways to look a this & apply it to my life also.

All I Can Do applies to my personal life, my relationship with my higher power, and my ability to improve on myself. I can put things into perspective if I ask myself, "Did I do all I can do at work today", "Did I give enough attention to my Sobriety today", "Did I help everyone I possibly could when the opportunity presented itself". These kinds of questions run through a person's mind who is in tune with this concept. Sometimes it can be as much a burden as a motivator though, like when we beat ourselves up or the times when we did not do all we could do for something or someone. It's those times we have to ask ourselves, Did we see the other options out there & just pass up on them, or did we figure them out afterwards? If we didn't see that our sister's dishes could get done & we had time to do them, then we can't place a burden on ourselves for missing that detail. But if we consciously saw a sink filled, and had 3 hours to kill, why didn't we help her out? All We Can Do Is All We Can Do & All We Can Do Is Enough. I am with the Doing Enough side, it's something I am not great at, but if I can continue to practice as I go maybe, just maybe, before my Higher Power decides it's time I can get to be good at it. Thanks for blogging in. Good Night.. Good Morning.. <3 Jimmy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to share something, comment, or discuss? Anyone can post a message here to eachother or the author.