Monday, December 13, 2010

Positive Perspective & Spirituality

December 13. Hello friends, I have not written since I posted my angel story for my grandmother & I have missed you all. I took the day of the funeral off of work & spent it with family, things had gone so much smoother than I had projected & expected, I want to thank my Higher Power for that especially. I started this week out today with a positive outlook, last week not only contained a great loss in my family life but also in my business as sales were discouragingly low. "This is a whole new week, lets make the best of what I have". That was my mentality waking up this morning, running a few minutes late out the door & for once I was not stressing much over it. My cousin & his wife were waiting at my shop for me to arrive & bought some christmas presents, this added to my positive frame of mind & started my day off with a sale. Maybe a good day is just hard to ruin, or maybe my spiritual condition contributed to it all, I won't claim to know that answer but I do know that things got better as the hours past. Night came & things slowed down, mom came to get me & take me to my MARS Group like any other Monday night. We got there early & sat a few minutes talking then friends w/ the keys to the church showed up so we could get together inside. Only 4 of us showed up & that was just fine, it allowed us all some time to share extra bits of our lives the past week. Looking back on the week, somehow I survived all the sadness & madness of both my family & business losses. It felt good to know that regaurdless of what may be unexpected or unwanted in my life, that everything that is good is still there & I can appreciate that if I am spiritual. The group adjourned & I stopped at my homegroup for a few minutes. At the end they gave me a card in support to our family for our loss of Grandma, its contents a heartfelt message & a gift that could never have been expected. My father was overcome with a warm smile of love & my mother cried tears of joy for their compassion & kindness, my skin tingled looking up from the back seat of the car at the two of them. I got home & needed to write & share my day.

Today the power of a positive personality was magnified by the spirituality of others & the upkeep of my own, this of course something I had nothing to do with but instead my Higher Power delivered to me with Grace. I can only share this story of today, yet another example of spiritual principles working in my life & the lives of those around me. The only choice I have today is over myself & what I do, I chose to surround myself with great people who have a great vision & goal in life. Those people surrounded me & my family with their warmth from the start of my day to the finish, I AM Grateful beyond words. I had another 'spiritual experience' today, it contained no faeries, angels, white lights or booming voices, but I cannot say it was not an act of my Higher Power working in my life today. These spiritual experiences do not happen every day, every week, or even month. I do not know when the next may enter my life, but I do know that the only way I can stand a chance to continue to feel the Grace of my Higher Power is by staying Sober & working a spiritual program in my life. The 12 Steps, fellowships that live them, and the people who my Higher Power choses to work through are all things I cannot explain successes from. I just simply chose to belief & follow, the promises of reasonable happiness & a new perspective on life coming more true everyday. Good Night. Good Morning. <3 Jimmy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to share something, comment, or discuss? Anyone can post a message here to eachother or the author.