Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Uncorking The Bottle Corked The Bottle

Feb 03 Evening. Hey friends. I posted twice today because I was exhausted last night and didn't get to update the blog before falling asleep. So to keep on track I wanted to post again tonight, besides I have something else to talk about thankfully. Between catching up on some rest & a wasted trip to hawley my afternoon was shot, as evening approached I got some good news about a bad situation just before I left for my meeting. Afterwards I got to help a friend out by just listening, sometimes thats all it takes to help someone feel better.. but having the right person to listen to us is often a vital component to us being able to vent thoroughly and in a healthy way.

What I wanted to talk about tonight is the "bottle effect" when it comes to emotions. This is something many of us do, sometimes without even knowing it. Years of not being able to express our emotions, for whatever reasons, can sometimes make this happen without us knowing it and when we do know it we think we are using a protection mechanism for ourselves. The reality is that bottling up feelings is dangerous, in addiction can lead to the inability to stop using, and in sobriety can lead to depression, anger, or otherwise spiritual depreciation & instability. I can remember feeling misunderstood, ashamed, afraid, and otherwise unable to share so many things that I kept them bottled up for years, and some things for a decade. The spiritual damage caused to me during this process was nearing a point where self destruction was almost a certain to happen. The "bottle effect" caused me to see the bottom of many other bottles while my emotional bottle filled up. The bottom of beer & liquor bottles clanged on tables, the bottom of pill bottles bringing a sadness like a kid running out of jelly beans. The bottom of a liquid vicodin or moraphine bottle then the rinsing with water for a final "shot" only to hit the bottom a second time.. all due to the full bottle of emotions I could not and did not know how to let out.

It took the fear of crossing a point in my life that I may not come back from, support from many people, and hitting a low in life and morality that made me pop the cork off the bottle for the first time. I have someone in my close life that I love dearly, as a child they were always kind to me and loved me like their own. I can remember as a child wanting to get them symbols or nic-nac's with their favorite fruit on them just to show them appreciation for how they made me feel. Little did I know that they had an emotional bottle as full as mine was before I uncorked it. For more than decades they have kept certain things that have caused them to abuse alcohol to dangerous points time and again. They have seen the bottom of more bottles than can be counted or even imagined. Like in my life a miracle occured today & they uncorked their emotional bottle after over 30+ years of pressure. The person whom they poured their poison out to is also very close to me, that is why I heard of it to share this message tonight.

The second message, or request, that I have is for help in prayer. That each of our own higher power be asked to help this newly vented person. That now that the cork has been taken off the bottle inside them they continue to talk about it and eventually find peace with themselves. The acts committed to them, which I won't mention, were vile and cruel.. any person having to go through them would almost be EXPECTED to bury it somehow if they never got a chance to cope with it or face those who wronged them for appology & closure. I know that having a program of spiritual nature in my life when I opened my bottle has given me the strength to not only remain standing, but to actually begin facing some of the persons still in my life that emotions were bottled up over. Each time I address something that is in the air from me letting it out, it actually dissapears. Its something off my chest, given over to my higher power, and put under light so that all who are relative to my existance can examine & understand it.

It creates the ability to understand those who wronged me as well, and forgive, as well as identify myself where I have fallen short or walked the wrong path with others. Like mold, the disease of alcoholism and emotional sickness cannot grow well with light on it. I pray that this loved one, no ALL people, have the strength, support, and willingness in their life to shine the light of the spirit on the things that have made them not well for so long. The bottle effect cannot affect me any longer so long as I am willing to seek out spiritual answers & share things that can keep me in my disease or keep me socially and spiritually disfunctional. Please pray with me tonight to your higher power that others can take the cork off their bottles within, and put the cork back in the alcohol. Put the top back on that pill bottle. " Have we fallen victim to 'bottling' in our life? How long did it take us to take the top off? When we did were we in the right point in our lives & did we have the support we needed to deal with the poisons that were let out of the bottle? Did we drink or drug over these poisons until we let them out? After we let them out? When we found spiritual solutions to emotional problems, was it easier to cope with things after that because we did not bottle up and dealt with things promptly and in a spiritually fit manner? " Thanks for blogging in. Until next time.. Good Night. Good Morning.. <3 Jimmy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to share something, comment, or discuss? Anyone can post a message here to eachother or the author.