Sunday, January 10, 2010

Bad Day/Good Day - The Little Things That Go Noticed

Jan 10. Sunday already, my how a week has passed. I can't believe how sobriety has allowed me to have the ability to stick this blog through. In the past I would have seen ten followers on the list & given up, thinking I wasn't liked enough or having all my time taken up by chasing the 'dragon'. Today I view that as ten people inerested in seeing and experiencing good living. That is so much larger then me, and its a sign that I don't ever have to do things alone. Neither do you as my readers. Thanks for reading on, and I will do my best daily to always be here for you as well.

Today's topic is drawn directly from things I noticed today & today only. In the past a bad day got worse, and a good day got worse. Nothing improved as my mind & body grew tired and substances wore off. Even earlier in my sobriety, a good day could be spoiled by not reflecting on what I did have good in my life. Instead I was thinking about what I had not yet achieved or obtained. Tonight, and really since New Years when I started this blog, I am seeing each night as a way to reflect on positivies in my life like growth, experience, & hope.

Its because of this blog every night & another day sober each day that I am able to rest a little easier. Even if the glow of a great meeting or the shine in my eyes from time spent with someone I care about fades as the evening progresses, I have this blog & its readers.. no.. my FRIENDS to pick me back up. I get the opportunity to reflect on what good there is to realize. Its so wonderful to get comments back from people that tell me to keep going, to keep hope, and to share more. It gives me an opportunity to practice & appreciate the things that are important to making it through each day like gratitude, understanding, honesty, forgiveness, friends, family and God. Without this opportunity to reflect my mind wanders, I dwell in the negativity or absence in my life still rather then shine in the light of the spirit. I get to express examples to remind myself of what spiritual growth really is and get feedback on other's interpretations of it all. What an opportunity. To think a few days ago I missed posting the update because I was busy having selfish fun, allowing negativity to build. It built up enough that I actually felt the need to post an appology. Well now I want to post a thank you. Thanks for "The Little Things That Go Noticed". Thanks also to a special friend that was there to listen on IM tonight, I've noticed your BIG heart. Its only because of comments, emails, and followers that I know I am heading in the right direction today. Those little things, combined, are NOT so little anymore. Have we often let little things go un-noticed? If we sit back & think, is there more that something or someone does for us that is positive that we just haven't acknowledged or given credit for? What can we do today in our own lives to make 'The Little Things Go Noticed'?" If you would like to comment on anything I have said tonight, answer any questions, or share stories of hope/inspiration please feel free to comment. Thank you all for blogging in tonight. Until tomorrow.. Good Night, Good Morning ... <3 Jimmy

3 comments:

  1. Jimmy, NO matter how many people follw you it is best that you continue this, You can have one follower or none and this is a benifit, As we discussed the other day you are helping more people then you relaize. It doesn't have to have to do with addiction but anything that people are struggling with. You help me everyday and you dont realize it. Because of you adn the recent trouble that I have encountered I have been able to reflect on my life and make the necessary changes that I need to. I see the struggle you had and relaized that I can make changes a lot easier then you because the addiction of alcohol had not taken over, if you can fight and win so can I. your words of wisdom and battle help me so much that I look for you daily post to guide me in the right direction. Who would have thought my little brother helping to take care of me. Keep up the good work and dont look to see who is following you. DO this for yourself first and then let everyone else take away what they need from your wisdom. like they say you live and you learn. well you ddid the living and now others can learn from you, Be a good teacher and keep on giving all you can

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for keeping it real sis. Its great to know that the distance words of hope can reach is measured by the actual individuals who carry it in their heart wherever they go. I realize that for all the things I've learned and know, I still know little. Its only by sharing what I do know that I realize something new each day. And its through others sharing in return that they give and recieve an opportunity to grow as well. As time passes I hope the message I carry will touch many, but if it does nothing more than keep me sober and growing spiritually then it has at least helped one person that was once helpless and hopeless. I am so glad to be doing this and maybe one day I will have the opportunity to address the world, on behalf of the still sick and suffering, and with the strength, hope, & experiences of many days.. gathered one day at a time. <3 Jimmy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I give you alot of credit for taking the time to make the posts and to share your feelings and i am very grateful for that im grateful you are taking the time to do this it really does help many people me being one of them please keep your chin up and continue to post i really enjoy them really hope whare ever your life takes you that its a path that you are happy with and you suceed at what ever you wish to i hope for only the best or you jimmy keep on keepin on

    ReplyDelete

Want to share something, comment, or discuss? Anyone can post a message here to eachother or the author.