Friday, November 12, 2010

Living Without Limitation - Through Limits

November 12. Hey everyone, it's Friday night. Hope everyone had a great week & is relaxing somewhere comfortable. I had a pretty great day, although I was really tired from not sleeping good last night. Still having problems with shutting the mind off, but then again I don't have a dog or anything for comfort laying next to me. A lot of people relate to me when I say that settling down at night isn't an easy thing to do alone. Fortunately it gets better. I has been progressively getting better month after month thankfully. Rarely do I have the horrid nightmares that I used to and I think that all comes with consistant good & spiritual living. I went to the typical friday dinner w/ mom & dad, while out we went shopping for computer software & an all in one printer that I needed for tracking sales & invoices at the new jewelry shop. It's all these little things to help me get my business off the ground that make me so grateful to have them in my life today. They are probably the best parents in the world, they see a need in their child's life, an empty whole & they fill it. Love, necessities & even many luxuries, they are selfless & giving and if I could model myself after a human they would be my pick today. After a great evening out I got dropped off at my home group. We had a small group but an excellent meeting & topic. I related to so much of the content shared & it reminds me of how much help people can be to eachother when there is a singleness of purpose & genuine friendship. To open up the topic a little, let me start by saying this. Today I can live life with limitless potential, all because I realized many limitations I posess within myself.

Limitations are something we as addicts & alcoholics do not generally want to recognize. If we are not good at something we avoid it like the plague. Most of us are brilliant in our own comfortable zones & are capable of great things, but the drink stunts us & kicks us back to the bottom of the progressive scale. Why this is definitely is not worth speculation, that would be like saying why is cancer deadly. There's no point in figuring it out, just finding out how to battle it. In sobriety I realized many of my limitations as a human being, I am not God & I cannot do everything myself. This realization came slowly, but acceptance of it came even slower. Accepting my limitations was one part of sobriety that truly began to set me free. I had to accept first that my allergy to alcohol & drugs was indeed real & that my intake of them in my body must be limited to ZERO. A limitation that has saved my life & the quality of it. I realized how little I actually know, but in active addiction my knowledge was limitless & I knew it all. Realizing & accepting my limited knowledge of life gives me the ability to learn good living from others today. Realizing limits has helped me lift so many other limitations that were placed on my life by drugs, alcohol, and all of the spiritually degenerating things that they did to me as a person & my life.

So really limitations have helped my life rather than taken away from it. I agree certain limitations can be life hurting or a nuisance. Not being able to drive until march is a limitation that is certainly not helpful to my life situation, but all the rides I have gotten from others has given me some great conversations, adventures, and times with others I might never have gotten. Perspective has a huge role in accepting limitations in my life today. A perspective that I have grown to see is that Life today is without limitation, all because I have realized the limits I must live with in my life. It seems a paradox, it may be, but it works. I am getting farther spiritually, in friendships, with family, and even in business than I have ever been able to before. It's almost as though unmovable weights have been lifted from the things I want to achieve in life & the only thing I must do to keep the load so light is make sure that I accept & live within my limitations. Limitation without Limits, Life without Limitation, Limits make life's happiness & joy have limitless potential. Whatever the perspective, once you actually get it, once you realize it & accept it. There is nothing in this world that can dwarf your spiritual progress if you do not exceed your personal limits. Good Night. Good Morning.. <3 Jimmy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to share something, comment, or discuss? Anyone can post a message here to eachother or the author.