Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Spiritual Outlets

Mar 2 Evening. Hey friends, back again to share some more today. I figured since this morning was kind of playing catch up that tonight should call for another post to SOS. I really want to thank everyone who reads & follows and a special thanks to all who joined the facebook fan page and suggests it to friends. Spirituality is not only something I want to share with people, but for others to share as well. The growing in my Spiritual Life has greatly filled the void of my long lived addiction and is a true blessing that I hope everyone can one day enjoy themselves. It was not too long ago that my life was empty, consisting of thoughts, actions, and an existance of no morals what so ever. Tonight I can reflect on that and really appreciate what the direction of others has put in to my life. The secret to it all that took so long for me to get was that all I had to do was let go and follow the way.

The world is full of Spiritual Outlets for us to learn from, but until we know what we are looking for its often difficult to find or identify them. Religious leaders and pillars of the 'church' communities are often seen as sources of spiritual knowledge. In modern days many people shy away from these outlets because of their own personal beliefs or lack of acknowledgement of their beleifs. In other words they don't want people to get religous on them when they are looking for spiritual leadership. This is something I could totally relate to earlier in my recovery. I had for a long time thought the God of my understanding had turned his back on me, leaving me defected and alone in my condition. Because of this resentment I too refused to turn to the 'church' for guidance in rebuilding a spiritual life. I had to find other ways to grow spiritually, and fortunately I did.

It was in the rooms of the 12 step programs and the people there that I found people who were spiritual fit enough to show me the way. They had recovered from a hopeless state of mind, body, & spirit cause by addiction/alcoholism and because of this I trusted they knew things that I did not, mainly because for 14 years I could not figure out what they had. As my eyes were opened to spiritual concepts and my mind was each day growing stronger without chemicals in it, I started to notice other sources of spirituality in the world around me. Books that seemed to fit what these "well' people were talking about. One in specific was named "The Search For Serenity". And there were others, even some articles in magazines seemed to prove that there was something more to contribute. After so much exposure to this great miracle healing within me called spirituality, it came time to finally credit something to its existance. What created spirituality? What made it possible?

For me, that answer was a higher power. Nothing of this world, in fact I believe this world is a possibility because of it. Neither man nor woman, beast or being, the higher power I call God just IS. To me GOD IS, and created all and all its possibilities. It is responsible for the growth of inanimate and immeasurable wealth I call spirituality. That thing that gets me outside of my selfish and unworthy human self and into others and the world around me. Selfless acts of kindness, doing the right thing, wishing well upon my fellow human, and praying for my enemies to get in their lives what I wish for my own. This magical and illogical concept that I somehow want in my life dazzles me. Who in their right mind would want for others when they could want for themselves instead? Thats just the mystery behind it that makes me seek out more. The reward I feel through doing whats right, by being selfless instead of selfish, and other spiritual actions, is a reward that carries me through each day. I believe it may be what has removed my compulsion to use drugs and drink. Only my higher power knows exactly why or how it works, but luckily he has shown me how to stay connected to the mystery.

I have come to the assumption that spirituality was always a part of the world around me, just in my own mind and heart it did not exist for quite some time. When the drugs were gone from my life and the hole in my heart was big enough I finally opened my eyes for something to fill it. I didn't truly discover new outlets for this spiritual fulfillment, they were always there and I had no room to fit it in my heart before. We all can find ourselves in this condition from many causes. Drugs, Obessions, Relationships, Addicitons, Busy Lives, all causes for us to fill up on non-spiritual things which leaves our hearts with no room. When we slow down, clear out, and open up we can finally discover whats been there all along. The spiritual outlets are ready for us to plug into as soon as we are ready and willing. "Are you ready? Are you willing to let go of things to make room for spirituality in your life?" Thanks for blogging in, for now.. Good Night. Good Morning.. <3 Jimmy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to share something, comment, or discuss? Anyone can post a message here to eachother or the author.