Saturday, April 3, 2010

Easter Resurrection - Raising Spirituality From The Dead

April 3. Hey friends, saturday is just about over and Easter Sunday is on the near horizon. I hope everyone had a wonderful saturday, mine was full of sunshine & enjoyment. Business was slow all day but I somehow was lucky enough to win the 50/50 drawing for the vendors that sell there, making some much appreciated cash. Business is closed sunday for the holiday so winning was as though I was open both days. Aside from that I enjoyed some coffee/leisure time afterwards. I got home a little after nine, mom, dad, jessica and little cj were all hanging out cooking desserts for tomorrow. So my mind has been on Easter & its significance to many in the world.

The story is known by many and is that Jesus died on the cross for the sins of all man, and rose from the dead.. after ascending into heaven to sit with the higher power. Now I can't say if the story is true, but the symbols in this story are very touching to me. I say that because of my deep parallel with the story the scriptures tell. I lived my life, like Jesus, not making it to an old age. Although my purpose was not divine or holy my life truly did come to an abrupt end as his did. Things stabbing into my body (needles) and many other varities of drink & drug had killed my spirituality in its entirety. I was dead inside, he was dead to mortal life according to the story.

The similarities don't stop there though, I want to make it clear that I am grateful for the forgiveness of my wrongs and for having been lost on the wrong path. Without his death for me I would not have the forgiveness or the ability to forgive myself today. The story continues that later he rose from the dead, coming back to life again, being seen, felt, and experienced by others as his witness, as the higher power's witness as well. Through that same higher power that raised Lord Jesus, I too was raised from my spiritual death, being sparred a mortal death as well. I was at the door of death many times and close to being entirely consumed on any passing day.

So as he was raised and other's had the joy of seeing him live again, my family too gets that joy. All of those who have ever loved me love me once again, even some who had thought they would never see or experience me again as a living, loving, breathing man. In the scriptures Jesus goes on to sit with the higher power, although I have not yet seen that phase of my existance.. through spirituality I do get to walk with the higher power. It leads me today by use of many tools, and all I need to is work with them to stay on the path. The tools are the 12 steps in the program, my family & loved ones, my true friends & the fellowship that teaches me how to live Sober.

He HAS RISEN, So have I. My higher power I believe is the same that made Jesus' miracle occur, and he is the same that makes miracles in life for others as well. No matter who you are, what you believe, I truly feel that my higher power looks out for you. In sickness, health, life & death, so long as you seek the spiritual way of life you will be taken care of. I challenge everyone this Easter to resurrect the Spirituality in your life, no matter your belief or disbelief... you can do this by making the day special for someone else, by doing for others. Whatever it takes to grow spiritually and stay sober, I am willing to do it. Good Night. Good Morning.. <3 Jimmy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to share something, comment, or discuss? Anyone can post a message here to eachother or the author.