Friday, May 7, 2010

A Brief Story Of A Miracle Day

March 7. Hey friends its just a click past thursday night heading into friday morning. I want to write a full blog topic but I will do it later as I was just falling asleep doing my nightly reading, unless I somehow muster up further energy. I do want to briefly speak about my day & something that I noticed about myself that I am proud to share. I devoted my day to helping a friend of over a decade find some spiritual answers for himself. I took him to see a fellow native american (which is his heritage not mine per say) who is not only in recovery but a retired professional counselor of many years. Their talk went so well & he was filled with a sort of confidence I haven't seen in his prior attempts at living a Sober & Spiritual life. My every hope & the feeling of this being the right person and the right time to open new doors in his life was correct. As an alcoholic in recovery my job is to carry the message any way possible, and there are many ways to do it, even putting someone in front of someone else they may better relate or listen to. We then went with a beginners "sheet" to help him discover himself better over the next few weeks/months, making a stop at my house so I could give him a gift that was so freely given to me, a copy of the Big Book, aka the text of the 12 Steps & how to apply them to our lives. We enjoyed a visit with my mom, coffee, dinner & then off to the meeting in the evening. Having armed him with the resources to now do his "own footwork" I had with my native helper friend gotten him to commit to doing 90 meetings in 90 days. He agreed to just see what it brings forth in his life, any positive changes obviously welcomed. So we started the journey together as I promised he would not have to do this alone & I meant it. On the way to the meeting I experienced very sharp pains in what seems to be my stomach. They were so bad I had to pull over not once, but twice. He in consideration for me had said he would not want me to risk my health over a little meeting, I insisted. I felt this pain once before as it awoken me from a dead sleep to curling over with agony. Not sure still what it is, but I stayed there, a mile from the meeting waiting for it to become bearable. It wasn't until i prayed to my higher power to help me ease the pain so that I could be of service to this friend & accompany him to a meeting that may very well save & change his life.. that & then the pain began to subside. It was never completely removed for I am feeling it now still, but some color returned to my skin & I was able to walk & speak unlike its first to assaults on me. We endured the meeting & even stayed late for a 'group business meeting' where my friend officially joined the group. I can say this, I am proud to carry the message & am undergoing a week of Spiritual phenominon as my higher power has somehow healed my suffering twice when I needed to be in service of others. You can believe what you wish, but I am more sure than ever that my path is the correct one, that I not only belong but it is something for me to share with those who want it. Not always will those who need this program or change in their life come to it, it is only those who WANT it that will find the grace that comes with it & that is the grace of my higher power. A power that twice in one week had answered my needs the exact moment I asked it to. May all of you be well until I am feeling well enough to write, wether later or in the morning. Good Night.. Good Morning.. <3 Jimmy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to share something, comment, or discuss? Anyone can post a message here to eachother or the author.