Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Going The Extra Mile - Selflessness

May 18. Hey everyone midnight has come & its officially Tuesday. Hope everyone had a monday that started the week off right. I enjoyed being lazy all day because I worked for my birthday on Sunday. For a change I wasn't sore & all achy, which was a blessing because usually if I rest too much I regret it in my back. My body continually adjusts to dealing with these aches & pains, which helps me realize that I can endure it without the medicines I abused in the past. In the PM I got out & to the MARS Group which for a change was a small group & very personalized. Sometimes those types of meetings are the best thing & allow us to get more out of ourselves & onto the table to be worked on. The topic was love & what it really is, also where we fall short or aren't perfect in showing or recieving it. Afterwards I left & headed to my home group to help close up, staying an extra hour talking in the parking lot with great people. I am so grateful to have these people & groups in my life because truly with having no family to come home too, I need something to fill the gaps & my social will to belong. I know however one day that will all come & that is more motivation to do the hard work required of me now.

Being a better person to those around us makes the conscience peaceful & edges us closer to a real feeling serenity. Being a good son & brother to my family, a good man to any woman who happen to take intimate interest in, a good friend to those that let me in their lives.. and a good friend to everyone in general, be it a girlfriend or my own mother or father. These things are important for my spiritual growth because without it that feelgood that replaces my old ways is impossible. So when I get a chance, I always want to take interest in another's deepest wishes & pleasures in life so I can participate in making them possible. Its weird to discover after being selfish & self pleasing for so long your ability to smile again suddenly comes from making other's happy. I can tell you this much though, changing your life to do just that on a daily basis is leading me to a life I could only dream of before this.

The base desire of being human makes me want to live a happy & prosperous life, I would guess that everyone else is this way too. Imagine a spiritual world where we put our selfishness aside & did for eachother what we would do for ourselves. The effect would be almost utopian (ideal society). What more could we ask for out of somebody but their absolute best. But when we ask this of someone are we willing to give them the same out of us? That is a question I dug deep & failed at fullfilling many times so far, but every time I try I get better at it. We all can try & if we do will see great improvements not only in our life but in others we are around, and in our spirits. So I'll keep it short tonight in saying that if you have anyone in your life that you care about, go the extra mile & see what happens. The worst thing you could do is suprise someone by being extra nice. Good Night.. Good Morning.. <3 Jimmy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to share something, comment, or discuss? Anyone can post a message here to eachother or the author.