Sunday, June 20, 2010

Their Day - Who Matters Every Day

June 20. Hey everybody, the weekend is winding down & Sunday is almost over here. Happy Father's Day to all dad's out there, I got to write in time to say that to all who are. I worked the weekend away, but its something I have an interest & passion to do so it actually makes time fly. My parents were traveling & got me some new ring displays & other things while at my shop I was buying ring boxes & eye catchers as well. Its funny how we don't need a day specifically to recognize eachother, we just do it all the time. That is my topic today, or has to do with that fact. Although it is a great thing to recognize special people on special days like father's day, it is actually something we should do everyday if we are spiritually fit. Yes I made a point to tell my dad to have a great father's day, but it is every day that I see the great man he is & how much he means to me & does for me. Alot seems to go unnoticed, but it is not.

My point of tonight's entry is to say this, we should focus our efforts every day to show those people in our lives that matter so much, how much they actually matter. Expressions of gratitude, celebrations of the role someone plays in our life can be a daily occurance if we chose it to be. It makes life that much more rewarding, for the one recieving compliment & the one making the difference. In fact by recognizing their efforts, love, & assistance on a regular basis, we in turn make a difference as well. No holiday, event, or celebration can contain enough gratitude for those who have made my journey possible, including my father & so many others in my family, friends, & support group. Each day alive that I spend sober & in spiritual direction, I am glorifying & celebrating their being a part of my life. Without these special people, my participation in so many things would be an impossibility. That includes simply wishing them a "Happy" day.

So when we are faced with these calander days, lets not be afraid to make them a big deal. We just also need to remember tomorrow that we need to do it all over again & again. When life is good & you feel the magic, sprinkle a little of your own magic dust around in the form of compliments & gatitude. You never know how long a great person will be in our life or be able to make it so great for us, so take a little time to make theirs just as great. Put a mark on their calander 365 days a year so they never forget how special they are to us, because maybe, just maybe we are special to them too & thats why our lives wouldn't be the same without them. So today, tomorrow, and every day.. let's celebrate everyone in our lives that counts as it is "Their Day". Thanks for blogging in. Good Night.. Good Morning.. <3 Jimmy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to share something, comment, or discuss? Anyone can post a message here to eachother or the author.